Friday, April 3, 2009

A Positive LMO

What is an LMO? It's a Labour Market Opinion. And here in Canada you need a positive one to get a job as a foreign citizen. But you can't apply for your own....a company wanting to hire you has to apply. And the RRRC (my new employer in Canada) did just that about 5 weeks ago. And got back a positive response yesterday. :)


So this morning I head out to Immigration with all the paperwork I've completed so far and with any luck...get my work visa. So I can start work soon. YEAH!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited. I really want to get this long period of feeling like I only partly belong over and start feeling like I really do belong here (which is what a work visa can give me---the ability to get a SIN (social insurance number--kind of like SSN in the US), and having the SIN means I can get a driver's licence, a bank account and all those fun things you do when you move, but that I can't do yet. :(

But the Positive LMO was the last major hurdle. :) Now it's just little ones. :) I just can't stop smiling. :)

No comments: