Saturday, April 25, 2009

My first few days at work

It feels so nice to type that! Yay!!!!!


That being said...wow do I feel OLD!!!! My coworkers seem to be about 10-15 years younger than I am. So needless to say...not a lot in common. But as after training I'll only be seeing most of them for meetings or for a few minutes as we change shifts...it's not a big deal. :)

One seems really good...good with consumers, good with fellow workers, good with managers. Another...not so good. :( And this is my shift opposite (IE...I'll work a day shift to her night shift or vis/versa.) I think it will end up being a problem. I can foresee me having to talk to my manager about some of the things I saw and will probably see while I'm there. :( I hate being in the position, but I don't want to be in any way, shape or form responsible for something that she has messed up. So I guess...I'll just wait and see.

The company I work for has 4 group homes. Two are pretty standard, 3-4 consumers, similar interests, ages, and ability levels. One is a respite home...anywhere from 1-8 consumers, any and all ages, ability levels etc. And the last is called the crisis house. 1-2 consumers, with both developmental and mental health issues (although we don't take in someone who is in medical or mental health emergency status) This house provides a kind of half way house for people to stabilize after a real crisis is over. So this is where my first full time posting will be. Starting next week Friday night.

I get this weekend off, training Monday-Tuesday, off Wednesday-Thursday, working Friday-Sunday. With this odd shift/rotating days....I'm really glad for my Yahoo calender to keep up. :)

No comments: