Monday, April 6, 2009

Palm Sunday

So yesterday was Palm Sunday. It felt both very normal and very different than last year all at the same time. The palms were very different than I was used to. Smaller in size (not as long or as wide) but each piece was actually made up of several (mine was 8) leaves all held together on the bottom. So I brought my palm home and looked up directions for making a cross. Wow lots of ways and some with directions I couldn't get. But I got two very nice looking variations to work as well as trying out a rose bud pattern (which didn't work so well)

Music at the new church is very different. For one thing...the congragation DOES sing! Which is such a different feeling from most Catholic churches. There doesn't appear to be a specific choir (but I need to ask about that--the group that sang yesterday maybe the choir. But if so, they are all older--I'd guess the youngest member of the group at retirement age--so I'm not sure if they'd welcome a young person like me. :)

Well, I suppose a stop by the church office and a talk with the church secretary would answer those questions. One of several things I hope to do today as I am having to wait again on the Work Visa. The paperwork for it has been sent off...and should arrive in Detroit today. Yep, it had to go to the US. But hopefully I won't have to. Time will tell.

No comments: