Sunday, October 21, 2007

Feeling better about the move

So yesterday I went to visit Curt with my mom. It was a nice visit. Then dropped off mom, went to church to sing with the choir and was not planning on going back out to the parents house, but had a rather huge attack of "homesickness" I guess would be the right word. Just suddenly felt like I needed to be near mom and dad. Have not felt that way since college. But I've been a bit--well--weepy recently and I guess feeling a bit like a little girl helps. No, I don't plan on staying as little girl forever--actually already back to feeling grown up today, but last night--I think it was watching all the couples, kids and parents in church. I just felt a bit--lonely. So that is ok--I can handle being at my parents house and still be an adult most of the time--but when I need it--like last night--I think I will be OK with being their little girl again. Hugs, ice cream, scrabble, and soothing. Yep--didn't take much to make me feel like a new person again! Ready to face the world. At least my small corner of it.

No comments: