Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Upcoming appointments updated

So the appointments that I listed before are over. And a new round are just begining. :(

The car appointment led to the finding of a major problem. The left front axel was almost broken. Which in turn lead to the left front bearing being worn down. (which this car has already had replaced twice in the last 3 years that I know of) So the estimate the dealership gave me was...scary! But a local shop that Pat takes his van to gave me one that was 50% lower than the dealer. :) So back to the shop my car goes on Thursday. Hopefully this time will be a bit better.

The doctor appointment was....good and nerve-racking. I liked the Doctor. He seems very concerned about any issues you have, listens well, asks questions when he needs more information and is willing to let you take your time and explain anything you want to talk about. But, in the course of the discussion, I mentioned that I've had my lower legs swelling (filling with fluid) for several years now. Some days are worse than others, but it's always there to some extent. My last doctor just kind of assumed it was my weight and left it alone. The doctor here...told me in some detail just what could be causing it. :( Anything from my weight....to congestive heart failure. So I'm going in for blood work (it's a walk in lab--just go in anytime from now til two days before my next appointment. And a chest x-ray. I have to make an appointment for that, but again, can do it as I want. Then back to the doctor for an actual physical and to get results from the test. It was kind of scary and kind of refreshing to hear that the small concerns I had weren't being just attributed to weight and age, but being seriously thought about and followed up on.

No comments: