Monday, May 11, 2009

More Canadian Stuff

I've been working what will now be kind of a normal schedule for me and that means that every other week is....LONG!!!! I work an odd rotation of shifts. Two weeks of days, two weeks of overnights. One week (Sunday to Saturday) of 4 days , the next of 3. Twelve hour shifts. Last week was my 4 day week. I'm reading this and thinking...WOW that is confusing. So let me see if I can unconfuse. :)

Week one: Work Days (7:30am-7:30pm) on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday

Week two: Work Days on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday

Week three: Work Nights (7:30pm-7:30am) on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday

Week four: Work Nights on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday



Then back to week 1 I go. I'm currently on Monday of week 2. Although I may be doing a really weird thing next month and skipping week one....we'll see.

But anyway...this schedule is nice for a couple of reasons....one big one is the things I have to do to be here in Canada! Like getting a driver's license, insurance, title for the car, all those pesky things. And speaking of cars....moving with one to another country is a bit of a hassle. I have to have a couple of modifications (one the car company provides free! The other costs $250. So not too bad!) There will also be a few modifications I'll need before next winter (like a block heater) because everywhere (and I do mean everywhere!) here has places to plug your car in!

So last week I got the paperwork I needed for some of this....and found I need driving records from my last two states of residence. Basically for every year since 1995 that I've gone without an accident or moving violation....I get 2% off the basic insurance rate (up to 20%) Hmmmm....one accident in that time....no tickets.....So hopefully...I'll get a really good rating! :)

No comments: