Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's the little stuff :)

I know.....I know. The book title is "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." But I'm find more and more each day that it is the small stuff that is truly what makes life good. Some examples:

  1. Arriving home from my first overnight shift to Pat saying "Good, you're home. I have some errands to run, but I couldn't leave until I knew you were home safe."
  2. Being able to sit back, relax and watch someone else make dinner.
  3. Being told "Don't let anything but fear and good judgement stop you" when I seem hesitent about making a decision.
  4. Coming home from work and having a clean house, without having to do anything to make it so.
  5. Making a small request to Pat that he find out if his doctor is accepting new patients now that I have health benefits here in Canada. And coming home to not only having this done, but having the appointment made and written on my calender on the fridge.

Small things. Nothing big, nothing earth shattering, but so wonderful for my feelings of well being. And in an odd way...my ego. While I've heard others say I'm important in their lives, Pat shows it in small ways. And that makes me feel...loved.

No comments: