Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fixed it!

I'm becomming quite the handyperson....both at home and work!

At work I've been fixing screen doors, putting doors back on hinges, filling/sanding/painting holes, repairing air vents...all the round the house stuff most people do on a weekly basis that haven't been getting done at the house.

At home...this morning I fixed a toilet. I replaced all the insides with all new insides and installed a new handle as well. Took about an hour (25 minutes or so was just getting the old stuff out...needed the locking wrench to get enough torque. :( And the directions say to just hand tighten...definately not just hand tightened or very, very old--but I'm betting on not just hand tightened!) And now...for the first time since we've moved in...that toilet is working like a toilet should! I'm so proud.

And it's nice to be appreciated when I do such things. Pat was happy it got fixed, the landlord is happy we take care of such things without calling expensive professional help. And work thinks I'm the best thing to come along since sliced bread. :)

No comments: