Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where has the time gone????

Wow...what a busy past few weeks! Holidays (complete with 3 get togethers of friends!) and now...back to the busy-ness of band, underwater hockey, work, getting the immigration stuff more in order, and....finding a new roommate. :(

Pat has decided to move on. He's moving quite some distance. To another part of Canada. It's been an odd feeling. We've settled into a kind of routine life together here, and to have that be going away...is odd. But at the same time, I think it's probably for the best overall. The new housemate moves in this weekend while Pat moves out. It's another guy, who I think I'll call...Paul. We'll see how things go, but at least the bills can get paid and he likes my dog. :)

On a far, far happier note....UWH! Wow! Each time I get in the pool I feel better about what I'm doing. Two weeks ago we had two new players, both of whom will be back! And one is female! :) We also had local radio and TV crews in and they will be doing short stories about us! Good publicity all around. We're pretty pumped up about it all. Last week...we had 7 people in the pool...played an actual scrimage game! Lots of fun!!!!



I bought a mask and snorkel a couple of weeks ago. :) I feel more and more a part of this sport all the time.

Work continues to go well...I'm heading back to the first house I was in come February. Which starts me back on a rotation thru all the houses (new order and different numbers of months at each house, but still...I'll have been to them all now.)

Went to talk to immigration (the local provincial folks) today. As soon as I get all the paperwork finished and in they think it will take about 2-3 months to process. :) So I maybe a permenant resident by summer.

The weather here...has been snowy! And now it's getting cold. I have to get a cord for my block heater. I got one installed last week so as the weather gets colder, hopefully the car will be happier about starting!

Me...I'm happier than I've been in years. :)

No comments: