Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Events of the last few weeks

So I started the month working overnights. And at a house where residents go to bed by 9pm...leaving me alone in the house from 9pm till 7am. Nightly cleaning takes maybe 2 hours...if you go really slowly. Which leaves 8 hrs to sit, watch tv, drink coffee, and stay awake. I was really bored. And starting that again next week. UGH.

Last week and this week...I'm working days. Including Christmas day and Boxing Day (not that that seems like a holiday to me...but it is a paid holiday here in Canada.)

I had a root canal done about 2 weeks ago now. The need for it came on suddenly, just like the other times. :( But thankfully I found a good dentist here, thanks to a co-workers reccomendation. And my dental insurance covered 80%. :) Even better. I did have to pay up front. But got my check back fairly quickly. (would have been quicker if my workplace had told the insurance company I'd moved!) Oh well. I'll have to remind them. Again. :(

My involvement in underwater hockey has been fun. We had more new people out last week, so it was quite fun. Hopefully by this time next month...we'll have enough people for a scrimage at the end of the sessions!

No comments: