Sunday, August 16, 2009

Homecoming.

So I'm going back to MN for about a week in about a week. And was asked at work as I was describing my trip "When are you coming home?" And I answered (without really thinking about it) Sunday, August 30. And realized after...that this is now "Home".

It all got me thinking...What is Home?

In college I made a sign that I put above the place I hung my hat/scarf etc "Home is where I hang my hat" And for the 4 years I was in college this was very true. Home changed so frequently then, different dorms, different rooms in the same dorm, back to my parents or grandmas homes. All were some version of home to me.

Before college...well, I guess Mamma's house was home. It was the one place I was always accepted for who I was, what I did was valued, and who I could become was celebrated. I always felt special, cared for and loved. It was home.

And I think I've been searching for it ever since.

I finally have found it.

:)

No comments: