Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Old Man and the Dog (my thoughts)

This came in my inbox today from my mother-in-law. I liked it. It was cute, sweet, and as a crazy dog lover...kind of right up my alley!

But I need to comment on the bottom of it and get any thoughts out there on if/how I should respond to M-in-L.

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so laugh hard,

love truly and forgive quickly.





This is sooo true...but D (my M-in-L) thrives on drama and pettiness, rarely laughs, and doesn't understand love and forgiveness (ie--my mom has visited curt twice, writes him weekly, and answers anytime he calls. His own mom--hasn't even applied to visit, has not written him and only answers sometimes when he calls--which one shows love? Forgiveness? )


Lost time can never be found.


Again--so true...but how to get her to do more than forward stories about it on to others? UGH!!!! This is why I don't want to visit their home town. YUK!!!
















1 comment:

Bill said...

For what it's worth..

I wouldn't respond,

unless..

you can say "read the blue lines again.. and picture C's face when you read them. What are you still waiting for?"

and unless..

you are prepared to have her treat you like she treats C.

Maybe it's time.